April 15, 2012

Quick and Easy Molasses Cookies


After visiting with my sister Pippa over the Easter holiday, I finally convinced her to share some of her recipes.   Pippa definitely got the "cooking/baking" gene in our family.  After EVERY trip to Aunt Pippa's house, I have to listen to everyone begging me to make something just like Aunt Pippa did.  As you can see from previous recipes I've shared, I'm what they call a one-trick pony in the kitchen.  But I'm crazy good with a can opener. 

Pippa and I made these cookies for our Christmas Cookie Baskets this year that we shared with friends and family.  So easy (I mean really easy) and delicious.  Hope you like the cookies.


MOLASSES COOKIES
Recipe from Thattoddlertown.blogspot.com

1 ½ sticks butter, softened
1 cup sugar
¼ cup molasses
1 egg
2 ¼ cup flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
¼ cup sugar to roll dough in

Beat together butter and sugar.  Add molasses and egg.  Mix together dry ingredients.  Add to butter mixture.  Shape dough into balls, and roll in sugar.  Bake 10-12 minutes at 350.

Pippa's Pointers:  I have made these very small like acorn size and I have made larger cookies like walnut size and both have turned out great.  If the dough is too sticky to roll, refrigerate until batter is less sticky.

1 comment:

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. The cookies sound delicious! I am now one of your followers too!