March 5, 2012


Happy Monday With a Status Check.  I hope everyone is ready for another week.  I guess there is not much you can do if you're not ready -- it's coming either way.  We are in a holding pattern as we transition to Spring sports so we don’t have too much going on this week.  We just have a couple of soccer practices, RE class on Tuesday and a play date scheduled for today after our monthly Daisy meeting.

Lady E has a Daddy-Daughter Dance this Saturday night through her Daisy troop program.  So one night this week I plan on taking her out for a little mommy-daughter time.  I'm planning a little shopping spree followed by dinner at a nice restaurant and as God as my witness the restaurant will NOT have a play area.  I’m so excited to spend some time with her alone. 
I told you about how Prince William and I painted the sunroom and I can’t wait to share the pictures.  I just have to find time to get them downloaded (probably later today or tomorrow).  We love the new color.  Warms up the room nicely.  I probably could have gone a shade darker but I’m very pleased with it nonetheless.  Now I have to convince him to move to step 2.  Changing the ceiling.  I am still in love with the idea of some type of bead board ceiling.  It looks so nice.  Wish me luck with Willy.  He hates to spend money.
I mentioned on Friday that our family was participating in a 5K/Fun Run this weekend through our church.  We had such a great time.  I was so proud of the children.  It started with Lady A and me running the pre-school race which was a blast.  She ran the whole way.  Not sure how far it was but she did awesome and she was having a ball as the crowd cheered her on.  After the pre-school race, the older kids and Dad did their Fun Run.  I was so proud of all of them.  But I MUST say Lady E surprised me totally.  She ran the WHOLE race and finished very close to the top in her age group.  I would have never thought she could run that far.  She’s only 5.  Sir K, Lady A and I ran/walked the course but as much as Sir K wanted to stop he DID finish so I’m proud of him for not quitting. 

I made beautiful blue ribbons that we all wore in memory of Jack Donaldson.  I loved that we were doing something to honor him and his family.  I got all teary-eyed when a few people acknowledged the ribbons and knew they were for Jack without even asking.  I still can’t come to grips with what happened.  I am a believer in that God has a plan but this plan just doesn’t make sense.  My heart still aches for this family.  Don’t forget if you have it in your heart, you can still go to the Jack's Lanterns Samaritan's Purse website and make a donation in his memory.  As his 13th birthday approaches Jack's mom Anna thought $13 for 13 would be a great way to give back.  I’m confident this money will be doing what Jack envisioned – changing the world one person at a time. 
Well that’s about it.  My pantry makeover is still thriving.  I know, I know I have to post pictures of that too.  I’m on it today (if possible).  The best part of the pantry makeover is that almost 3 days later it still looks good. 
Have a fantastic week and remember to count your blessings.
Photobucket

No comments: