May 3, 2013

Finally Friday Forum

 
 
Well I didn't do so bad after all.  I guess with the construction and the busy schedule we have been living lately, I hadn't given too much attention to what to do for Sir T's birthday.  In the past, Sir T's parties have been legendary to say the least.  I have spent months planning out these little shindigs.  I'm on a first name basis with every moon bounce company, laser tag manager and I hold a Gold Card with Oriental Trading Company.  My parties always have 20 "close" friends and fantastic party favors (if I do say so myself). 
 
So, I was really worried how his birthday was going to play out.   Of course, we started with the donut breakfast (that's mandatory).  Willy dropped off cupcakes for his class (and yes they did sing happy birthday).  When he got home from school, I had to rush to get Sir K to First Communion rehearsals and Willy quickly got Sir T and Lady E to soccer practice.  After Sir K and I finished up at rehearsals, we stopped by and picked up Sir T's best friend.   We met Willy and everyone else at Sir T's soccer practice and THEN - WAIT FOR IT - made the quick trip over to Chuck E. Cheese for a dinner celebration.
 
Turns out it was great.  There was not a soul in the joint.  The kids played for 2 solid hours, we enjoyed pizza and we were home by 9:00 pm.  I had a chocolate cake ready and we did the candles, wishes and singing.  It was nice.
 
BEST PART OF THE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION:  Sir T said this morning it was his best birthday ever.  AWWWWW.
 
In other news . . .
 
Sir T has a soccer game on Sunday (as usual).  He doesn't know it yet but I'm planning a haircut for him in the morning.  Have I ever mentioned how much he hates haircuts?
 
Sir K is as ready as he will ever be for First Communion.  We went out the other night and got a new suit/tie and I'm planning a haircut for him as well tomorrow (he doesn't mind haircuts). 
 
Lady E is doing well.  She did a nature walk with her Daisy troop the other day and really had a good time.  She got muddy and wet but I think that's what made it so fun.  She is really excited about her new bathroom.  They are finishing up the tiling in her shower today so she is really starting to see how it's going to look. 
 
Lady A is as funny as ever.  She was a blast at Chuck E. Cheese last night.  We would give her one token and say go play something (which we could since we were the only people in the joint).  She loved the horse ride and the Noah's Ark ride.  The funniest part was when she realized the machines gave tickets.  She was in Chuck E. heaven.
 
Willy and I actually had a few moments to talk over pizza last night.  We really don't talk anymore these days.  It's sad but we are just so busy it seems to be the last thing on our list to do. 
 
I hope you have moments to talk to your significant other this weekend.  As if we don't have enough on our plate, the family is going to a Kentucky Derby Party Saturday afternoon for a few hours.  I'm looking forward to having a few drinks and engaging in adult conversation.
 
Enjoy your weekend and I'll catch up with you soon.
 
Photobucket
 
 

3 comments:

Calypso In The Country said...

How great that he said it was the best party ever! Have fun at the Kentucky Derby party!
-Shelley

Tina at Online PhD Programs said...

Even just the simplest form of a birthday bash is already a special one for me. I can relate much with you. I do hope you will have a great party in your life. Just make the most of your party and it will surely be the best and memorable.

sarah said...

I find your blog post funny and cute. By the way, what happened to Lady M and Z? Just joking! Anyway, congratulations for a job well done! Organizing a party is not that easy, you know? Same here, I look forward for more of your blog posts. Enjoy the rest of the day!