March 15, 2013

Finally Friday Forum

All Sir K's friends get this for attending
his St. Patty's Day party.
TOO TOO CUTE

Hi everyone.  I hope you're having a terrific week and your weekend looks full of family, friends and fun.
 
First and foremost, Sir K's 8th birthday is this weekend (WHERE DID THE TIME GO????).  He's a St. Patty's Day baby (God help us when he hits his teen/young adult life).  He is so excited about his birthday. He took a treat to share with his classmates today and walked out the door on cloud nine this morning. As a birthday present, Willy and I purchased a telescope.  For months now he has shown an interest in weather, stars, etc. so we are hoping to really nurture this interest.  We have a laser tag party scheduled for this weekend with 14 of his closest friends so it should be a fun-filled weekend. 

I must say, this week has been quite a challenge for me.  With last weekend being so hectic (basketball, soccer, father-daughter dance, Daisy cookie booth sales, etc.), I did not start the week off prepared.  I was REALLY behind on the grocery shopping, house cleaning, and laundry.  To make matters worse, I have been extremely busy at work this week which always messes with my personal life.

Anyway, I'm back on track.  I did A LOT of late night laundry, squeezed in several quick trips to the grocery store and all is right on the home front again.

In other news, Sir T had a hearing test yesterday and didn't pass.  I am of course sad.  As a mom, I want my kids to all be physically strong.  The doctor is very optimistic that we can correct the problem with easy exercises but if not we will start talks on possibly a third round of tubes (ugh!!). 

Lady E is on a field trip today with daddy.  They are going to the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in Washington, DC.  She was also SO excited to get to school this morning.  I love that Willy is chaperoning.  I did a field trip last week with Sir K and had a blast.  With 4 kids, this is a great opportunity to snag some one-on-one time.

Lady A is growing like a weed and SO happy.  Each night she dresses up in grown-up clothes and pretends she's the teacher.  She sets up her chair in front of the room and reads books to the family.  It's the cutest thing ever. 

Lastly (I promise), as you know we started the BIG renovation this week on the upstairs.   The workers have already taken down some walls and framed out the master bathroom area. I must say, all the anxiety has now turned to excitement. 

Have a fantastic weekend everyone.  Remember to count your blessings and I will catch up with you soon.
 
 
Photobucket

No comments: