July 13, 2012

Finally Friday Forum

I love this picture.  I wish I could live like this

Hi Everyone!!!  I hope your week is wrapping up nicely and you are ready for the weekend.   My birthday wishes go out today to my oldest sister.  I've mentioned her a few times on this blog but never by name.  So I will call her Elizabeth.  Elizabeth is probably the hardest working woman I know.  She is SUPER smart, owns her own business, has 3 great kids, and has done very well for herself in this world.  I'm proud to call her my sister.  Happy Birthday Elizabeth.

This afternoon at 4, Willy and I will be attending the off Broadway production of The Emperor's New Clothes.  It's a short tale by Hans Christian Andersen.  If you are not familiar, here's the plot:
A vain Emperor who cares for nothing but his appearance and attire hires two tailors who are really swindlers that promise him the finest, best suit of clothes from a fabric invisible to anyone who is unfit for his position or "just hopelessly stupid". The Emperor cannot see the cloth himself, but pretends that he can for fear of appearing unfit for his position; his ministers do the same. When the swindlers report that the suit is finished, they mime dressing him and the Emperor then marches in procession before his subjects, who play along with the pretense. Suddenly, a child in the crowd, too young to understand the desirability of keeping up the pretense, blurts out that the Emperor is wearing nothing at all and the cry is taken up by others. The Emperor cringes, suspecting the assertion is true, but holds himself up proudly and continues the procession. After this experience, the Emperor vows never to be so vain again and take his position more seriously.
The production will be starring you guessed it -- Sir T as the Emperor, Sir K as one of the Weavers and Lady E as a Person in the Crowd.   We are so excited to see the play and the kids are out of their minds with excitement.  I have the camera all charged up and tissues in my purse.  Should be a memorable moment.

In other news, Willy and I are having a date night tonight.  I'm excited.  We haven't been out just the two of us in a VERY long time.  We plan on a nice dinner at one of those fancy restaurants and then catch a movie.  I might even get a pedicure today in preparation (maybe).

I hope you have a date night scheduled with someone special in your life.  Remember to count your blessings and I will catch up with you soon. 

Photobucket

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hope you have fun tonight. I'm sure you will. Out with no kids. Woohoo! I adore the picture with the dog running and the quote. I'll have to remember that one.

Calypso In The Country said...

Have fun - and I love the dog picture! I laugh ever time I see that! Have a wonderful weekend!
-Shelley