July 11, 2012

Blueberry Jell-O Salad


JOIN ME AT THE PARTY:  Addicted to Recipes

I thought this was an old family recipe passed down through generations in our family.  After a couple of google searches, turns out it's all over the Internet.  Oh well.  I know this doesn't sound delicious but before you judge, give it a try.  The big plus for me is the kids LOVE it, Willy loves it and now after years of making it, it's starting to grow on me. 

Let me know what you think.


Blueberry Jell-o Salad 
Recipe from Thattoddlertown.blogspot.com

6 oz Raspberry Jell-O
1-21 can blueberry pie filling
1-20 oz can crushed pineapple
2 cups boiling water

Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
8 oz sour cream
8 oz Whipped topping thawed
1/2 cup walnuts chopped (optional)

Dissolve gelatin in 2 cups of boiling water.  Combine crushed pineapple and pie filling with gelatin.   Pour into a 9 x 13 inch dish and refrigerate until set.

For topping, mix sugar and sour cream and fold in thawed whipped topping and spread on top of firm gelatin. 

Pippa's Pointers:  If you opt for the walnuts, spread them on top of the mixture or fold them into the mixture. I have done it both ways and it works well either way.

Kate's Comments:  My kids prefer without the nuts but Willy loves it with the nuts.  I sprinkle the walnuts just on one side and then everyone is happy. 

Photobucket

No comments: