May 10, 2012

Happy Mother's Day To Me (and you too of course)


I love my life.  Really I do.  I love my children with all my heart, I have a good husband who comes home every night and between the both of us we provide for all of our needs pretty nicely.  But I have given up a lot over the last 10 years (Prince Willy too but this is about me right now).

Let's list just a few "things" I have given up over the last 10 years. 
  1. I have given up my body (literally).  When I got married 10 years ago, I was 102 pounds on my wedding day.  I had the cutest little figure and was working out probably 3 or 4 times a week.  After 4 kids I'm (a little) heavier now and that little cute figure - GONE
  2. I have given up wearing makeup.  Not that I ever really wore a lot but I'm down to a quick swipe of eyeliner, a couple coats of mascara and a quick lipstick application on the car ride to work each morning.  Of course, when I telework or on the weekends, nothing - GONE
  3. I have given up ANY alone time in the bathroom.  Of course, I'm a girl  and reading on the commode is not really my thing but I have given up doing any of my "business" in private.  I don't even attempt to shut the door anymore - GONE
  4. I have given up clothes.  I used to dress in designer suits and have really nice high-end shoes to match.  After years of drool, spit up, and foreign stains that even the drycleaner couldn't figure out, I'm now down to a couple pairs of black pants and a few over-sized shirts.  Looking good - GONE
The list goes on and on and I don't want to bore you any more than I already have BUT here's what I can't give up -- a nice purse.  I love a beautiful handbag.  It's really all I have left FOR ME now.  Here is what I have been carrying around since last Christmas:


My precious winter baby
and it was big enough to
hide my fatness too

It's the Michael Kors Hamilton Satchel.  I got it as an early Christmas gift from Prince Willy.  I had wanted it for SO long and the price was well NOT right.  A couple of weeks before Christmas as I was finishing up my shopping, there she was sitting on the Macy's clearance rack and the tag had an UNBELIEVABLE price on it.  The clerk even thought it had been mis-marked but hey a price tag is a price tag and so it was mine.

Today when I got home from the kid's wellness checkups, look at what was waiting for me on the front door stoop:
  
SURPRISE
When I saw this box, my day quickly changed from GREAT to FANTASTIC.  Here is the BIG reveal:

My new spring/summer baby
in HOT PINK NO LESS

It's the Michael Kors Hot Pink Hamilton Satchel.  I was afraid it would be too HOT PINK but it's perfect in every way.  Hey, I give everything I've got to my family.  Please let me have this one thing.  OH YEAH BONUS -- I got it on EBAY for half the price. 

I wish all my new blog-mothers a very happy Mother's Day.  I have enjoyed getting to know all of you through your blogs and I look forward to a long and strong friendship.  Cherish your time with family and friends and count your blessings whenever you have a moment. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Both handbags are beautiful.

Dee