April 23, 2012

Happy Monday With a Status Check


Hi Everyone.  Hope you had a great weekend.  Ours was very nice.  As always we had tons of soccer.  Sir K and Lady E had their games back-to-back on Saturday.  Lady E loves to play soccer this season mainly because her BFF is on the team.  It's fun to watch them interact.  Not sure how it happened but Sir K was complaining of a hurt knee before his game.  I'll give that guy some props he got out there and did a fantastic job.  As daddy says, he played through his injury for the team!!!!  The weather was perfect for both games and we finished up with lunch at Red Robin with the grandparents.   

I forgot to mention that last Thursday we got report cards.  I'm so proud of my group.  We couldn't ask for more perfect children.  All three of them are doing great.  So as a gift for doing such a great job, we did a trip to the local Game Stop.  I don't really like our kids playing video games but I will say they don't get obsessed with them (YET).  They tend to play them for a while and then move on to something else.  So (FOR NOW) it's o.k.  They ended up picking Lego Batman.  It's harmless, right? 

Sunday was Sir T's soccer game.  A tad different story then yesterday.   It was about an hour away, the temperature had dropped 30 degrees and it was pouring rain.  When we arrived we made a decision for me to stay in the car with 3 of them while dad stood on the sidelines and watched.  Nothing says "fun times" then sitting in a van for an hour and half with 3 kids ranging in age from 2 to 7.  Now that's a good time.

I'm going to try a new recipe today.  I saw it on Mamal Diane's blog.   If you have a minute, check her site out.  It's really cute.  I'm attempting a Chuck Roast with Vegetables in the Slow Cooker.  I don't ever have any luck with a slow cooker.  For some reason, I feel like it always cooks the taste out of everything I make.  But this one caught my eye and because it's roughly mid-40s this morning, I'm going to try it out.  You know me, I'll try anything a 100 times.

That's about it.  I'm taking 3 of the kids to the dentist this afternoon.  Should be fun.  Again with the soccer practices, RE classes, Sir T has a doctor's appointment clear across town, picture day at Lady A's school that I am going to sneak the other 3 into and try and get a group shot and finally -- we are really looking forward to our dear friend's son's first communion on Saturday. 

I got a great house I saw with my sister a few weeks ago to share on the "Who Lives Like This?" section.  I'll try to get that up today if time permits.  So check that out.   Lastly, with Mother's Day coming, I thought I would post a few things on my Bucket List page and see if Prince Willy stumbles across it.   Sometimes you have to spell it out!!!!

Remember to count your blessings whenever possible and I'll catch up with you later.
Photobucket

No comments: