March 16, 2012

Finally Friday Forum - Part 4


"Every day I wake up I feel like I am looking more and more like seven."
- Sir K

Top O' The Morning To You and a BIG happy Sir K's birthday everyone (it's really tomorrow but close enough)!  Yet again, this week has soared by.  We have TONS of fun stuff planned for the weekend.  My littlest man Sir K is turning 7.  I can't believe it.  It seems like just yesterday that I looked into those huge beautiful brown eyes for the first time.   I am going to cut and paste from my "Cast of Caricatures" my little blurb on Sir K.  I'm not going to sugar coat anything, this boy gave us a run for our money in the beginning BUT now he is the gentlest and most giving boy I know.  He is full of kindness and I love EVERY moment with him.

SIR K

Sir K is number two on the hit parade.  Weighing in at 8 lbs 2 ounces, he entered this world kickin’-and-a-screamin’.  He wanted no part of the whole baby process.  He wanted to be up and running from day one (gave us quite a run for our money - but oh so worth it).  Once he was up (at about 6 ½ months), he was gone.  He loves running around the house in his boxers (it's too cute); he loves swimming (he’s like a fish); and he loves anything Star Wars (almost to a fault).  Our nickname for him is Grabby (when he was a baby, Sir T said he was always grabbing his toys away and I love that the nickname stuck).  He is by far the nicest guy in the house.  He will give you the shirt off his back (and I’ve seen him do it); he always thinks of his sisters and brother first; and his hugs can transcend you to a better place.  He has the darkest brown eyes I’ve ever seen (they are almost black) but when you look at them, you see a gentle boy who loves life.  His kindness makes me a better mom.

We have a surprise get together with some friends and family on Saturday night for Sir K.  Hopefully the weather holds up and we will do a barbeque out of the patio.  Then it's off to O'Chuck E. Cheese on Sunday for a intimate get together with 23 of his BFFs.  I'm so excited.  He is such a great host at his parties.  He loves to greet each friend at the door and welcome them to his party.  It's such a joy to watch. 

So, it's a weekend filled with Sir K and I can't wait.  I also wanted to take a moment to say Happy Birthday to Jack.  His 13th birthday is, I believe, on the 18th and how could I not acknowledge him.  He changed my life FOREVER and he will always be in my heart.  Please pray for the Donaldson family.  I know this will be a tough time.  Anna has set up a website to raise money for Samaritan's Purse.  This was Jack's favorite charity (what child has a favorite charity at 12?  This just speaks volumes about his character).  If you can find it in your heart, please go to the website and make a donation.  This boy was (AND IS) and inspiration to all who knew him or have learned about him after his death.

Happy St. Patrick's day to you all and remember to count your blessings.

Photobucket

No comments: