February 13, 2012

So Emotional

When I heard the news on Saturday night that Whitney Houston had passed away it broke my heart but sadly I wasn't surprised. 

I grew up listening to Whitney and her music.  I truly remember the first time I saw her perform on television and I thought she was absolutely beautiful.  Her rendition of Do You Hear What I Hear is one of my all time favorite Christmas song and I'll never forget the chills she gave me (and America for that matter) when she sang the National Anthem at Super Bowl XXV.  It was such a moving moment for this country.

She was a true talent who has left us way too soon.  God bless her soul and her family as they move through the grieving process.  I hate when we hear these kinds of stories BUT it definitely opens the door to talks with the kids about the dangers of drugs and alcohol and how they can destroy your life.  Have that talk today with your kids!!!!!!

Here is the video of Whitney at the Super Bowl in 1991.



Photobucket

No comments: