February 21, 2012

Happy Tuesday With A Status Check


Hope all is well with everyone.  I can't thank you all enough for the nice comments/emails about our front door transformation.  We are so thrilled with the final results.  Gosh, this makes me want to go and do another project.  I do feel with the children getting more self-sufficient that my time is getting a little easier to find.  I'm not there yet though so I'll continue with my baby steps.   And a special thank you to Susan at Between Naps On the Porch for her inspirational photos and her fantastic ideas.  Please check out her site if you haven't already.

In other news, I signed the family up on Sunday to participate in a 5K/Fun Run through our church.  We will be running/walking in memory of Jack Donaldson.   God bless Jack for finally getting me off the couch. 

And I leave you with a cute moment from Lady E (remember she's 5).  At dinner the other night she told us that there are more girls in the world than boys.  Both Prince William and I were thrilled that she had retained this great piece of knowledge from somewhere.  We asked her where she learned this and she said she read it in a book at school.   Wow, bonus -- she's reading.  Then we said do you know why there are more girls than boys in the world and she replied:

Of course mom and dad.  All the boys died when
the Titantic went down

Harvard here we come.

Have a great rest of the week and remember to count your blessings.
Photobucket

PS  We looked that little stat up after dinner and she was incorrect.  There are more boys in the world than girls (1.01 to 1 ratio).  She was close.  I'm still proud of her.

No comments: