February 7, 2012

Come Tuesday It'll Be Alright

It's been a ROUGH couple of days for me.  It's probably not what you are thinking though -- it's self-inflicted.  ME, the one who hardly EVER gets out of the house had 3 straight nights of partying. 

Friday night I met some of my friends for a happy hour at Glory Days.  It's been quite awhile since our last outing and boy did we make up for lost time.  From the moment I walked in it was non-stop talking, laughing and drinking and the next thing I knew it was midnight and we were still going strong.  What a fun night.  I haven't laughed like that in awhile.  I felt 18 again!!! (side note:  I was grandfathered in and was legally able to drink at 18)

When Lady A did her wake up call on Saturday morning it wasn't as cute as the day before.  I knew we had dive class, soccer and a basketball game so I got up and dashed to the coffee pot.  I was doing fine (albeit tired) until Willy drops a bombshell -- "don't forget we have our friend's surprise 40th birthday party tonight".  WHAT?  I COMPLETELY FORGOT!!!!!

Somehow I pulled it together and off we went.  The party was an 80s themed surprise party.  There were about 35-40 people all dressed up in great 80s outfits.  I was dressed like Madonna (at least that's what I was going for anyway) and  Prince William wore a mullet wig and 2 IZod shirts with the collars up.  We ended up having a blast.  The people were awesome and I danced like I haven't danced well since the 80s.  I felt 21 again!!!

When Lady A did her wake up call on Sunday morning it was borderline annoying.  At this juncture, I'm EXHAUSTED -- NO BEYOND EXHAUSTED.  I knew we had a basketball game at 3 so I didn't even roll out of bed until 9:30 and I LITERALLY crawled to the coffee pot.  After the basketball game Willy dropped YET another bombshell -- "I just accepted an invite for a Super Bowl party tonight".  WHAT THE HELL?  ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME??

SOMEHOW I pulled it together and off we went AGAIN.  We had a blast though.  Hung out with some new friends and laughed for hours.  Even the kids did great.  We didn't get out of there until after 10:30 pm.  Lady A, our 2 year old, was still going strong when we left.  I felt 141 at this point.

As you can probably guess when Lady A did her wake up call Monday morning, I slept right through it.  Coffee wasn't even on my radar.  I didn't even crawl out of bed until 9:15.  Thanks to Willy, the kids were all ready up and out to their respective spots.  HUGE BROWNIE POINTS FOR Mr. P.W.  Somehow I made it through the day and it's back to business (slowly) .

I can't believe I used to do this every weekend.  I remember in my 20s and 30s, we wouldn't even kick up until 10 pm and we would go for days at a time.   NOW this is going to take me weeks to get back on track. 

God bless the young.  Have a great rest of the week and remember to count your blessings.


No comments: