November 23, 2012

I got the "After Thanksgiving Day" Blues

 
 
I can't believe it's over all ready.  When I picked the children up at the bus stop on Wednesday afternoon, Sir K said he was going to run around the house as fast as he could so he would tire out and have to go to bed early.  When I said why?  He said because he wants it to be Thanksgiving faster.
 
Our day started with all four kids running into our room and jumping in the bed with us.  I absolutely love this time.  The sparkle in their eyes is what life is all about.  It brings me COMPLETE JOY.  Once we got moving, Willy got the kids ready for the annual Turkey Bowl.  It's an event he started 4 years ago.  He gets all the neighborhood families that stay in town for Thanksgiving together and we do a Parents vs. Kids football game.  The kids love it, the parents love it and I love it too.  It takes roughly about an hour and 1/2 but it's great because he takes all the kids and it gives me time to really jump in and get stuff done without interruption. 
 
We decided to push dinner to 4:30 this year.  We usually eat around 3 but the new time worked better I think.  I didn't feel as rushed as I usually do.  I thought the meal was great.  I'm not a big turkey eater but all the sides I made turned out delicious (especially my sweet potatoes - Willy's favorite).  I think everyone enjoyed their meal.
 
We finished out the day with daddy and I plopped on the sofa watching the Redskins beat the Cowboys (we had to DVR it because of the late dinner).  Anyway, it was a great game and a nice victory for the Redskins.
 
Now I'm back at work today.  It doesn't seem right.  I hope your Thanksgiving was relaxing and fulfilling.  I hope you were surrounded by family, friends and love. 
 
Next stop . . . Christmas.
 
Photobucket

No comments: