October 30, 2012

Halloween Humor

 

We are basically all set for Halloween here at the ToddlerTown.  The kids have picked their costumes and we are ready to walk the walk. 
 
I was having nightmares about Sir T's selection this year.  All his life I have been able to dress him in whatever I wanted.  In the past, I was instrumental in dressing him up like Thomas the Tank Engine, a teddy bear, Elmo and the cutiest little pirate ever BUT last year he put the kabosh on mommy.  He chose to go as a werewolf-thingy with blood all over his mouth.  This broke my heart.  So when we headed to Party City the other day, I definitely knew I would have no say in the matter.  I couldn't have been more thrilled when he asked the clerk for the hot dog costume.  That's right, he picked a hot dog.  Of course he wants to compliment the costume with some ketchup (aka blood) but hey I'm a happy Halloweener (could've been A LOT worse).
 
Sir K is (AS ALWAYS) into Star Wars again.  So it was no surprise that he chose Obi-Wan Kenobi as his costume.  For the last several years now he has been a clone trooper, Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker.  So it wasn't so much of a stretch to hear "can I be Obi-Wan Kenobi  this year".  I can't complain.  I can use the light saber and cape from last year to compliment his costume.
 
Lady E has decided to combine her school "storybook" costume with her nighttime attire.  This definitely saved us some cash.  She is going as Cara from her favorite book Cara the Camp Fairy.  We just had to pick up some fairy wings and a wand.  She should be all set. 
 
Lady A is going to be Tiana from the movie The Princess and the Frog.  She picked it out all herself and I love it.  She is going to be adorable.
 
As always, Willy and I will be sporting our now famous throughout the neighborhood costumes.  We always go as two beat-down-exhausted parents.
 
I hope the weather holds out and we can trick or treat.  We usually do a parade down the main street but with Frankenstorm still looming that's been cancelled. 
 
I hope your goodie bag of life gets filled with wonderful treats this Halloween.  Take lots of pictures and enjoy every minute and as always count your blessings.  I'll catch up with you soon. 
 
Photobucket

No comments: