June 29, 2012

Finally Friday Forum



"What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?!"
- Slim Pickens as the character Taggart in Blazing Saddles

A very happy Slim Pickens' birthday everyone.  I absolutely loved Slim in the movie Blazing Saddles.  I know I know, this movie is not politically correct but you can't deny it's got some really funny lines.  Of course I haven't watched it in 4 kids ago (if you know the movie, you know why you can't watch it with children around) but at one time it was the "go to" funny movie for me.  The quote above is one of my favorites and used quite often around the ToddlerTown.  Hey with 4 kids, this line can be used non-stop.  

We don't have a lot going on this weekend.  Our best friends' son is turning 9 on Sunday so we will be celebrating at a pool party with them.  With the temperatures hovering around 100 in our area, a pool party sounds fantastic (well, except the me in a bathing suit part).  

There are 3 open houses right in and around my neighborhood this weekend so I will be hitting them for sure.  Have a fantastic weekend everyone.  Enjoy your families and friends and laugh a lot (it's good medicine).  Count your blessings at every turn and I will catch up with you soon. 

Photobucket


 

No comments: