June 22, 2012

Finally Friday Forum




Once you go inside and weed through the muck, you will find the real beauty, the truth about yourself.
- Lindsay Wagner

A very happy Lindsay Wagner's birthday everyone.  I'm probably really dating myself but watching the bionic woman fall in love with the bionic man was better than any Harlequin romance I've ever read.  They truly were a strong couple (literally).  I love her quote too.  I didn't have a great relationship with my mother (that's for another post) but one thing she did tell me was you can't love anyone if you don't love yourself first.  I've remembered that my whole life. 

Prince Willy and I are still recuperating from last weekend.  As you may recall, we had two parties in our backyard with a combined total of probably close to 100 people.  What I failed to mention yet was my Father's Day surprise on Sunday morning.  Once everyone literally dragged themselves out of bed, I dropped the GREAT WOLF LODGE surprise on daddy and the kids.  So, after a day/night of partying down with a bazillion people, we hopped into the car and drove 2 hours to a water park.   We are big fans of the Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, Virginia.  We have been there 4 times now and it has never disappointed us.  The biggest surprise came when we were checking in and my sister Pippa showed up with all her kids.  As you can imagine, my kids went nuts.  Overall, the Lodge and our rooms were nice and clean, it wasn't crowded, the weather was perfect and it was great to spend time with my sister and her husband.  In hindsight, probably not a good idea to overbook a weekend like this.  BUT I will say, it was a good time had by all. 

I hope you all have GREAT plans for the weekend with friends and family.  Remember to count your blessings and I will catch up with you soon.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

We've been overbooked the last couple weekends as well. Not as overbooked as you though! Oh well, there's alway next weekend to relax, right?