May 18, 2012

Finally Friday Forum

 

A happy life must be to a great extent a quiet life, for it is only in an atmosphere of quiet that true joy dare live.
- Bertrand Russell


A very happy Bertrand Russell's birthday everyone!!!  I have to say I really didn't know who Mr. Russell was (hey, I'm not worldly and I own it).  I like the quote but I'm not sure if I agree with him.  According to Mr. Russell, our house is a joyless one because I have four noisy children that keep our house in a perpetual state of controlled chaos.  I don't know anything about an "atmosphere of quiet".  On the contrary I would say our house is full of joy because we don't have an atmosphere of quiet.  I actually think he meant quiet as in an ordinary and simple life which I do agree with.  Besides, anyone who holds a pipe like that has to be wise, right?

This morning was a tad on the hectic side.  I had to get everyone off to school/daycare early and then literally sprint to the dentist.  You probably don't hear this very often but I love my dentist.  The assistant Natasha is absolutely wonderful and Dr. Mayberry is very kind which puts me at ease.  To put me at ease takes a lot when it comes to the dentist.  I was traumatized as a kid.  Our family dentist was for lack of a better word demented.  My recollection is that he used my brother, my 3 sisters and me as test mice to conduct dental experiments.  All of my siblings refer to him even today as Dr. Giggles.  Not a great experience.  I wonder what ever happened to him???  Prison perhaps????

Anyway, you know the drill -- we have tons of soccer this weekend and a baby shower to attend.  I am trying desperately to put together an informal Preakness party on Saturday with a few friends.  It's supposed to be gorgeous out.  I think I have mentioned this before but we have a beautiful patio area in our backyard.  Here is a sneak peek:


I do love my outdoor oasis.  I have a couple little knick-knacks I ordered and then I will do the BIG reveal.  I  can't wait because I am so proud of this space.

That should do it for me.  I am looking forward to a hug-filled weekend with tons of happy moments peppered in.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well AND don't forget to count your blessings.  I'll catch up with you soon.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh, I had the same thing happen with a childhood dentist, they said he went senile...nice. So, I too, just found a fabulous dentist a year ago. The first time in my entire life I have felt comfortable with a dentist! Love your couch!

Jenny said...

I need to fix up my backyard patio! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop :)
Modern Modest Beauty