April 18, 2012

What To Do With Leftover Easter Ham



 
JOIN E AT THESE PARTIES:
Addicted to Recipes

As the Easter season becomes a distant memory, I can't kiss EGGS and HAM good-bye fast enough.  I probably haven't ever mentioned to you that I suffer from ODS or Over Doing-It Syndrome.  I've been suffering for years now.   I got it from my mother.  It's the fear of not having enough food.  For Easter dinner, I served a 17+ pound ham for about 8-10 people, boiled enough eggs to frighten every hen this side of the Rockies, and had WAY too many side dishes.  Needless to say, we've been eating a lot of ham and cheese omelets, ham and cheese sandwiches, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, egg salad sandwiches, deviled eggs -- well you get the idea.  Frankly, I'm sick of eggs and ham.  So as Twisted Sister so eloquently sang -- we're not going to take it anymore. 

To say goodbye, I made this Broccoli Rice Casserole and complimented it with, you guessed it, the last of the HAM.   Daddy loved it, kids loved it, and I loved it because it's so easy to make and it used up all the remaining HAM.   

Hope you enjoy it!!!

Broccoli Rice Casserole
Recipe from Thattoddlertown.blogspot.com


½ cup butter
1 large onion chopped
1-16 oz package frozen chopped broccoli  (can use 1 lb fresh broccoli-steam just until tender and then cut in small pieces)
½ cup milk
1-10.75 oz can Campbell’s Cream of Broccoli Soup (I use 98% fat free)
1- 15 oz jar of queso (I use Tostitos Salsa Con Queso Mild)
2 bags of Success boil in a bag rice cooked as directed

Cook onion in butter until transparent.  Steam broccoli until just tender.  Mix soup, milk, and queso.  Add broccoli and cooked rice.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.

Pippa's Pointers:  Goes great with fried chicken too.

1 comment:

annies home said...

yes I suffer from that disfunction as well sometimes I often get the complaint that there is too much but then they always eat and never complain after it except for being overly full