January 6, 2012

Anybody Up For A Break?

Is it wrong that we are roughly 6 days into 2012 and I already need a break?  Does anyone else feel this way?  I mean between the getting the house back to its original state and returning to the whole “day to day” operations thingy, I’m exhausted and despondent.

I took all the Christmas decorations down a few days ago.  It’s earlier than I usually do but Prince William started the process so it was game on for me to just do it.  I guess that started the "bummer-ness" of it all.  Albeit the house is back to its original state, it seems sterile and empty and sad.

I loved the time I got to spend with my family, friends, and relatives this year.   For some unknown reason, I had two whole days to spend with my best friend, my sister Pippa.  She came up from Richmond with 3 of her boys and our kids had a PLAY-FEST.  They ran ragged around the house and yard and giggled like there’s no tomorrow.  We, in turn, had a BAKE-FEST and prepared some awesome cookie tray gifts for our friends and neighbors.  It was such a great time for me.  I MISS my sister very much.  With 8 kids between us now, it’s virtually impossible to get time with her anymore.   Maybe this should be a New Year’s Resolution for me.  Spend more time with my sister. 

I also got to spend some quality time with friends.  We ended up renting a Lake House at Lake Anna for New Years and went with 2 close couple friends of ours.  What a fantastic time.  This is the 4th or 5th year that we have done this and it always works out magnificently.  We all have kids roughly the same age now so it’s GAME ON for the kids and GAME ON for the adults.  We get to have a few drinks (maybe a few more than a few but no one was counting), laugh a lot and pretend we don’t have a care in the world.  It’s very therapeutic.  Maybe this should be a New Year’s Resolution for me.  Spend more time with friends.

Spending time with Prince William's parents this year was extra special as well.  I guess as you get older you start to really come to terms with “hey, these people might not be around much longer”.  I made sure I took tons of pictures and really enjoyed their company.  It reminded me of my grandpa.  My grandma was kind of a downer and really no fun to visit with (that’s for another blog post) but my grandpa was awesome.  I have such fond memories of him.  I want my kids to have those same special memories of their grandparents.  Maybe this should be a New Year’s Resolution for me.  Spend more time with the grandparents.

So as the kids fall back into their daily routines o.k. and Prince William and I make our way back to reality, I will DEFINITELY make one of my New Year’s Resolutions to LIVE IN THE MOMENT.  LIVE IN THE NOW.  HELL JUST LIVE and do it with joy and happiness.

Happy New Year to all and to all a . . . see you next time 

No comments: